Hi, beautiful people, How are we, and how have we been?
Happy Eid to all our muslim readers and happy holiday to the rest of us, 🥳🥳
The first half of the year is almost over 🎉🎉🎉🎉
I’m grateful to God for all that He has done in my life and your lives, for how far He has brought us, for the wins we have received and the ones we didn’t receive. For all that He has done for us, we say, ‘Thank you Jesus’ 🙏
I have two stories to share today. The first is about skincare, and the second is about my friends.
In 2020, I got to know about a skincare brand that everyone was using, and even though I didn’t have much money that year, I started with their most affordable products, and little by little, I had almost the full range of the brand used for acne-prone skin. From then until last year, my skin was getting better, and I was getting compliments because why not 😂. Towards the end of last year, suddenly, it felt like the products were no longer working and my skin was beginning to suffer. So, I made the decision to stop using that brand.
I began this year using only a random beauty bar soap and an oil. And from there, I found a serum that I incorporated, and interestingly, my skin is back to getting better. It took me using just a beauty soap, an oil, and one serum for my skin to be better. Whatever extras I’m using are things I was using alongside that previous brand.
The moment I realized that, ‘Yes, this brand is good, but for some reason, it no longer works for my skin; I need to stop it’ that was my first step to better skin. The next step was finding the one that worked for my skin and incorporating them little by little, one after the other, over a period of time.
The second story is about when I was in university, I made friends with a group of firebrands. The group was an intercessory group, and we used to meet to pray every now and then. After a while, I joined the group, I realized that all of my friends had the gifts of the Holy Spirit and could pray for long periods of time without getting tired. Both of these I didn’t have and couldn’t do. I was still struggling with speaking in tongues confidently. At first, it was a thing of concern to me, but then they spoke with me about it and were patient enough to hold my hands through that journey.
I didn’t jump to start praying for long hours like my friends. They started by leading and encouraging me to pray for 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 30 minutes, then an hour, and so on. I also didn’t start faking the gifts of the Spirit because of them; I only desired and prayed for them. Over time, before we graduated, my walk with God got better, and yes, they are all still my friends to this day.
Why did I share these stories?
- In your spiritual walk and your journey in life, you don’t have to do what everyone else is doing at every time
- You need to pay attention to the things that are no longer working for you.
- You need to find what works for you and is tailored to your needs and level. There are still some skincare products I won’t use because I know my skin doesn’t need them at this level.
- Little by little, you have to incorporate new things into your routine and journey through life so you don’t feel overwhelmed. Once you find what works, take it bit by bit and take small steps to get better.
- Have a good circle of people around you. People who will encourage and motivate you through the journey of life People who wouldn’t make fun of you but would hold your hands as you make your way to the level you desire.
- Don’t fake it till you make it. Take conscious, small steps that will lead you to your making it.
- Don’t feel like you’ve arrived after taking those small steps. Keep moving, keep growing, and keep doing. Don’t stop until you get to your desired picture.
- Desire and action, backed up by prayer, can get you to where you want to be.
If all you can do now is read a page of a book, do it. If all you can do now is pray for 5 minutes, pray.
But don’t stop there.
Let your small steps lead you to bigger steps.
Prayer: I pray the Lord will help me take those small steps that will lead me to growth. I pray that the Lord will lead and direct me while I take those small steps. I pray He will help me to be consistent and to follow through on my journey until I get to my desired destination. I pray that He will send me men and resources that I need every step of the way in Jesus name (Amen) 🙏
Happy first half of the year again! 🎉 🎉 🎉
In a few days from now, Zoewriter will be 3 🥳🥳.
Our birthday (and of course my birthday too) is a Saturday, so I’m thinking we can have a blogpost that day to celebrate 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
Who knows the exact date of our birthday?
And who will be celebrating with us?
See you soon, 🤗🤗