Being Mary 2🤱🤱
It’s only a day left to 2021 and I’m excited 💃💃💃. Beyond all that happened in 2020, I’m optimistic about the new year. I’ve hope, faith and confidence that the new year and decade will bring good news and abundance our way. I hope you’re also optimistic about the new year.
Based on my words last week, let’s get to the point on the things I learnt from the account of Jesus’ birth from the perspective of his parents. Here’s the list:
1. The prophecy said ‘’a virgin’’ will give birth to the Messiah. The virgin could have been anyone right? But God chose Mary instead. In my opinion, there must have been some other qualities that God was searching for in the virgin, which He couldn’t find in anyone else except Mary. Those special qualities were what set Mary apart. Which makes me wonder, if God was to search for MEN in our generation to bring forth the Messiah, will He still find men worthy with the qualities and traits He requires?
2. In the words of a friend of mine after the post last week: ‘’Joseph and Mary were close to God. They understood the voice of God. There’s a level to which we get to in our walk with God that we won’t doubt whatever he tells us to do’’. And until we get to that level, it might always be hard to believe God, accept and align ourselves to His will for our lives.
3. God’s will is always the best for our lives. No matter how tough it seems, no matter how demeaning it looks, it is and will always be the best for us. Until you sail through the experience and gets the result, you may never find the experience interesting. All you need to do, is to hold on to the word that He has spoken to you and walk according to His leading per time.
4. Despite it being God who gave them the task of birthing the Messiah, they still had challenges and difficulties to face in order to fulfil God’s will. The fact that God gives us visons, plans, directions, ideas and instructions doesn’t mean that the journey will go smoothly. The challenges are part of the will and there are there to make us stronger and better 💪.
5. Mary and Joseph had faith and confidence in God and in His word. There believed even when they couldn’t understand. They took up the journey despite how unrealistic it must have seemed. Just because: ‘’THEY TRUSTED GOD’’.
6. Mary and Joseph were courageous, obedience and submissive to God. They obeyed God without questioning, even when they were uncertain of what the result of heir obedience will be. They followed through all of God’s instruction diligently. Mary’s courage and submissiveness is second to none. Dear Mary 🙌🙌.
7. Everyone will not always understand what you’re doing when following God’s will. Everyone will not always agree with you in life. You just need to be sure that you’re walking in God’s will for your life, keep pursuing until you get to your destination. Don’t focus on getting approval from people, focus on pleasing God and doing His will.
And with this, we’ve come to the end of the last post for 2020💃💃💃💃💃💃. I hope you’ve been able to learn one or two things from this account. Learnt something else I didn’t mention? Kindly share with us in the comment section.
💃💃💃💃 By the time you’ll be reading the next Zoe blogpost we’ll be in 2021. Stay Optimistic, stay hopeful. We’re about to enter the best year ever ❤️❤️❤️.
See you in 2021😍😍.